Indian Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is not somebody who just makes the same old discretionary answers in meetings. He has on numerous occasions made some interesting, insane and out-of-the-container remarks in his standard unconventional way that got to be moment hits in amongst the general population. Here is an aggregation of some of his best quotes.
1. "You die, you die. You don't see which is the better way to die."
2. "If I am going to buy a life jacket which does not come with a warranty, that's a bit of a hassle for me. Especially with the huge amount of money you have to spend for the DRS. I would prefer some kind of warranty for it. The moment it comes, I will be happy."
3. "I was sitting at home and watching television. More often than not, you watch some really strong advertisements in the lead-up to an India-Australia series. The advertisement said: 'It is winter out there, and summer out here, so get ready to feel the heat Down Under.' I took it very seriously. I didn't pack a single jacket, only to realise it is pretty cold here."
4. "It's like having 100kg put over you. After that even if you put a mountain, it will not make a difference."
5. "If you look at it, the two-hour bus ride from the airport was more tiring and difficult for us than the last few weeks of the IPL."
6. "You won't see a Sreesanth batting like a Don Bradman just because he wants to bat like one."
7. "Now when I look at the mirror, I can see a lot of grey beard!"
8. "From Kishore Kumar, we have gone to Sean Paul."
9. To Irfan Pathan"I am not doubting you but you are gaining a reputation for being fit during the IPL and not during the Ranji Trophy. If you get fit, I need you in England, but you have to play first-class matches before that."
10. During IPL on his popularity in Chennai ‘‘When I am motorcycling and stop at a red light area, people flock to me and speak to me in Tamil.’’
11. Playing football bare foot during the practice session "Kya kare yaar, paise khatam ho gaye (What to do, we are all out of money)."
12. "When it comes to the mind it depends on what you're feeding into the mind. You come and say, 'This is Napier' and it believes it's Napier. If you see, it's an abstract. When people say 'He's in form", nobody has seen form. It's a state of mind where you are confident and you think very positively and everything you think about, you think it's very achievable. It's about how you treat the mind."
13. To keep the IPL clean after spot-sixing controversy “We will try the laundry, that’s good, will keep us clean”
14. On the most confusing law of the game “Frankly speaking, I don’t understand Duckworth-Lewis. I just wait for the umpire’s decision”.
15. On media rumours about his relationship before his marriage “You [media] change my girlfriends every two days. Please let one continue for some time.”