Here is some basic rules for playing Hockey:
1. Each team is made up of 11 players and 6 substitutes.
2. Every player has a hockey stick of which they can only use one side of the stick to hit the ball.
3. A gaol is scored when the ball is successfully hit into the opponent’s goal from within the 16 yard area.
4. The ball must be passed or dribbled using the stick and no other body part is allowed to intentionally come into contact with the ball.
5. A foul or infringement is called when a player:
->Purposely tries to hit the ball off another player with the intent of causing harm to that player.
->Intentionally uses a body part to assist in moving or stopping the ball.
->Hits the ball with the rounded side of their hockey stick.
->Raise their stick above waist height.Hit their stick off their opponents to interfere with play