1. Height:- Ishant is one of the tallest Indian cricketers. He is a 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in) tall right-arm fast-medium bowler.
2. The Test debut:- He was first selected in May 2007 after an injury to Munaf Patel when India toured Bangladesh and made his Test debut in that same series.
3. A costly buy:- During the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2008 auction, Ishant was picked by the Kolkata Knight Riders for USD 950,000. He only picked up seven wickets in the tournament, which meant that each wicket cost USD 135,714.30.
4. Nickname:- Ishant, who hails from Delhi, is nicknamed Lambu (meaning Tall Guy), which is in reference to his lean and tall build.
5. Sehwag’s Trust:- While the spell Ishant bowled to Ponting is now part of folklore, most people don’t know that it was Virender Sehwag who prompted Captain Anil Kumble to give Ishant another over. Sehwag said that Ishant had always bowled long spells for Delhi, so he should be given another over to bowl against Ponting. Kumble agreed, and in the very next over, Ishant got the wicket of Ricky Ponting, making him a star overnight.
6. A memorable partnership:- In partnership with VVS Laxman, Ishant holds the record for the highest stand for the ninth wicket in a successful run-chase in Test cricket. Chasing 216 to win, India were reduced to 124 for eight when Ishant joined Laxman they scripted a fabulous fight back.
7. The Hero:- Sharma’s 10 wickets in the 2013 Champions Trophy in England was one of the highlights of his ODI career.
8. Ishant’s fastest delivery:- During the tour to Australia in 2011-12, he clocked 152.2 kph during the Boxing Day Test at Melbourne which is the fastest delivery he has bowled in his international career till date.
9. The CB series 2008:- In India’s landmark victory in Australia in the 2008 Commonwealth Bank Series Tri-series, Ishant was India’s leading wicket-taker with 14 scalps.
10. Not the worst batsman:- Ishant puts a high price on his wicket and can bat with a lot of grit. For men who have batted at No 11 in more than 30 Test innings, Ishant has the average at 8.73.