The Indian cricket team, also known as Team India and Men in Blue, is the national cricket team of India. Governed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), it is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) with Test and One Day International (ODI) status. Here is some interesting facts about indian Cricket Team.
1. Cricket is a 168 years old sport in India. It was first played in India in 1848.
2. India is the only Cricket team to win the 60-Over, 50-Over and 20-Over World Cup.
3. Sunil Gavaskar was out off the first ball of a Test match thrice in his career.
4. Spinner Bapu Nadkarni bowled 21 consecutive maiden overs vs England at Chennai On 12th January 1964.
5. VVS Laxman is the only Indian cricketer to have played 100 Test matches and did not play a single World Cup match.
6. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina have never scored an ODI century outside of Asia.
7. Batsman Mohinder Amarnath is the only cricketer in cricket history to have been dismissed for handling the ball.
8. Mohammad Azharuddin is the only batsman to have scored three back to back centuries in his first three test matches.
9. Saurav Ganguly is the only player to win four consecutive Man of the Match awards in ODIs.
10. After Virat Kohli’s debut, India has chased down 300+ targets five times.
11. Ravi Shastri and ML Jaisimha are the only Indians to bat on all five days of a Test.
12. Vinod Kambli's Test match average is better than his childhood friend Sachin Tendulkar.
13. Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi is only cricketer to play Test cricket for India and England.
14. Lala Amarnath is the only bowler to dismiss Don Bradman hit wicket in Test cricket.
15. Anil Kumble became the first man since England’s Jim Laker to take 10 wickets in a Test match innings when he took 10-74 against Pakistan in Delhi.